Cashier Assistant (#459)
8:30 A.M - 4:30 P.M., Monday - Friday
Summary of Duties
- Updates and maintains accounts by applying payments, adjustments, etc. to student accounts, other accounts, and non-a/r accounts.
- Prepares letters, statements, or invoices to students, outside agencies, and employers.
- Analyzes accounts to answer questions for students, staff, parents, outside organizations, and Marywood departments.
- Runs daily reports for Colleague, Marywood Report Server, Touchnet, Lumens, USA Epay, Freedom Pay, and Elavon.
- Balances daily cash to the daily reports and processes deposits.
- Services customer's at the Cashier's Office window with cashing checks, making change, and handing out petty cash, paychecks, and refunds.
- Manages the Petty Cash Drawer.
- Has the ability to count large amounts of cash.
- Responsible for monthly reporting of the Perkins Loan program.
- Reviews reports from the billing agent, checks the accuracy of refunds, payments, cancellations, deferments, etc.
- Contacts delinquent borrowers and assists them in completing required paperwork for hardships, deferments, temporary payment agreements, bankruptcies, and disabilities.
- Prepares defaulted accounts for acceleration and referral to collection agencies, or assigns accounts to the Federal Government.
- Becomes familiar with the Department of Education regulations, in order to comply with federal guidelines and due diligence.
- Picks up, opens, sorts, and processes mail.
- Orders office supplies.
- Assists the Student Account Associates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Accounting is preferred, or other business acumen.
Work Experience Requirements:
At least three years of related experience. Experience with PC's, Word, and Excel. Experience in handling money and in collections is helpful.
Proficient with PC, business software calculator, excellent customer service skills as well as writing, communication, and math/accounting skills.
Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles, collection practices, business office routines. Ability to analyze and record transactions.
Assists other office staff as needed. Responds to requests for information from students, parents, or other Marywood departments. Answers phones. Does filing. Works at Grad Finale and Orientation.
- Sitting 60%
- Filing and retrieving files 10%
- Walking between offices and buildings or up to Cashier's window 10%
- Standing at the Cashier's window 20%
- Ability to lift binders or stacks of paper reports and small office equipment, generally not more than 10 pounds.
- Stooping, bending, or climbing a stepladder to retrieve files, etc.
Apply for Cashier Assistant online