Clinical Coordinator /Clinical Assistant Professor of Nutrition (#711)
Summary of Duties
The expanding Nutrition, Athletic Training & Exercise Science Department in the College of Health & Human Services at Marywood University offers two accredited undergraduate nutrition programs (approximately 100 students), a B.S. in Nutrition & Dietetics and a Spanish Emphasis Nutrition Program, and accredited Athletic Training Program. The Nutrition program dates back to the university inception in 1915.
At the graduate level (approximately 100 students), we offer a Masters of Food and Nutrition, a Masters of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science and an accredited Dietetic Internship. This fall we started an accredited 5-year fast track Master’s program and 5-year fast track Master’s On-site and Distance DI Program. We are seeking a Clinical Assistant Professor for a position beginning June 2019 as part of that initiative.
Marywood University is a small, comprehensive Catholic University sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Our campus is a close-knit community that focuses on teaching. We are located near the Pocono Mountains in Northeastern Pennsylvania, easily accessible to Philadelphia and New York City. Additional information about our University and Department is available at www.marywood.edu.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Master’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science or closely related field
- Current RDN status required
- Minimum of three years professional experience post credentialing, with expertise in nutrition, clinical nutrition, nutrition science, community nutrition, food science, food systems management, sports nutrition or food sustainability.
- Involvement in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and appropriate practice groups
- Driver’s license and car/ability to transport self to meetings and site visits
- Knowledge of computer programs, such as MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Web page
Preference will be given to those with University teaching experience, experience with on-line teaching, and ACEND Accreditation procedures. Responsibilities include: Instructional focus including teaching in and coordinating the on-site and distance internships, overseeing advisement of interns, and service at the university, professional and community level.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately with preference given to application received before November 15, 2018. Please include:
- Letters of application
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) references
Please submit documents electronically to: email@example.com
Marywood University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.