Assistant Cashier (#459)
Monday through Friday
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
35 hours per week, 1 hour lunch period
Benefits listed on Marywood website under: Employee Benefits
Summary of Duties
- Updates and maintains accounts by applying payments, adjustments, etc. to student, other, and non-AR accounts.
- Prepares letters, statements, and invoices. Analyzes accounts to answer questions.
- Balances daily receipts to corresponding reports, and prepares daily bank deposits.
- Services customers at the Cashier's window with: Cashing checks, making change, handing out petty cash, paychecks, and refunds.
- Responsible for daily functions associated with the Perkins Loan Program.
- Reviews reports from billing agent, checks accuracy of refunds, payments, cancellations, deferments, etc. that are applied to accounts
- Contacts delinquent borrowers & assists them in completing required paperwork for hardships, deferments, temporary payment agreements, bankruptcies & disabilities.
- Prepares defaulted accounts for acceleration and referral to collection agencies, or assigns accounts to the Federal Government.
- Assists departing borrowers with the on-line exit interview process.
- Becomes familiar with the Department of Education regulations, in order to comply with Federal guidelines and due diligence.
- Picks up, opens, and sorts mail.
High School Diploma required. Some college work preferred in business or accounting.
Work Experience Requirements:
At least three years of related work or banking experience, including handling money.
Experience with PC's, including Word and Excel.
Experience with collection regulations.
Proficient with PC's, PC business software and calculator, excellent written and oral communication skills, math/accounting skills.
Familiar with generally accepting accounting principles, collection practices, and the routine of a business office. Ability to analyze and record transactions.
Assists other office staff as needed. Responds to requests for information from students, parents, or other Marywood departments. Runs daily reports. Picks up, opens, and sorts mail.
Filing and retrieving files- 10%
Walking between office buildings and up to the Cashier's window- 10%
Standing at Cashier's window- 20%
Ability to lift binders or stacks of paper reports and small office equipment (generally no heavier than 10 pounds). Stooping, bending, or climbing stepladder to retrieve files.
How to Apply
A completed Marywood Application, as well as a resume and cover letter must be on hand at the Office of Human Resources
- By regular Mail, CO Office of Human Resources
- By dropping off in person at LAC 86 to the Office of Human Resources
- By Email to Jobs@marywood.edu