Director, Marywood Alumni Board
Determined by election (1-3 years. Please see MAA Bylaws for further description.)
A member of the Alumni Board of Directors is appointed to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support, and commitment to Marywood University and the Alumni Association. In accepting this three year appointment, the member agrees to fulfill, to the best of their ability, the requirements and responsibilities associated with Board membership.
Minimum of five Board meetings per year; minimum of one committee meeting per month/as scheduled (note: board meetings are typically held on Saturdays); and Alumni engagement events.
A Director assists in leading the affairs of the Association through the activities of the Board of Directors and its Executive and Board Committees, and represents the Association to the University. This includes: representing all alumni, regardless of geographic location. Other responsibilities include:
- •Know and follow the mission of Marywood and the Marywood Alumni Association
- •Attends and participates in all Board meetings (conference calling is available when needed)
- •Must be actively engaged during board meetings, providing feedback and willingly accepting tasks
- •Actively engages with other alumni in your geographic area
- •Serves on at least one committee and attends all committee meetings
- •Must remain actively engaged between meetings including responding to inquiries from the Alumni Office, attending university events when possible, and staying up-to-date on university news
- •Positively represents the Marywood University and the Association to the public
- •Keeps informed about University issues as they affect the needs of alumn
- •Participates in financially supporting the University by contributing your meaningful and personal best amount to assist in reaching the goal of 100% board participation annually
- •Participates in alumni activities
- •Be familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Office of Alumni Engagement
- •Seeks out and encourages talented alumni for volunteer role
- •Exercises loyalty toward the University and confidentiality regarding its internal affairs
Contact Cara Green, Director of Alumni Engagement, at
Sign up below!
If you would prefer to mail your nomination, please print this form and send to:
Office of Alumni Engagement
2300 Adams Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509