Celebrating Marywood's Centennial through Service
At Marywood's 100th Opening Liturgy on September 3, 2014, President Sr. Anne Munley issued a challenge to students, faculty, staff, and alumni: contribute 100,000 hours of community service in honor of Marywood's upcoming centennial.
Since its founding, Marywood has been committed to service. It's one of our core values, and it has earned our university a spot on the President's Community Service Honor Roll for the past five years. Now, we hope to continue this tradition—and amplify it—by clocking an additional 100,000 volunteer hours.
But we can't do it without your help. If you already volunteer in your community, all we ask is that you let us know what you're doing so that we can count it towards our goal. If you aren't currently engaged in community service, we hope that you'll consider volunteering for an organization that inspires you.
Serve, Share, and Support Marywood's Centennial
Make a difference in the name of Marywood, wherever you call home. Help us celebrate this milestone the Marywood way:
- Serve your community
- Share your memories and stories about what you're doing now
- Support the Bold Heart Centennial Campaign
- Use the hashtag #100MarywoodWays on social media sites whenever you serve, share, or support Marywood's Centennial
Participating in the Centennial Service Challenge is simple. To make sure your volunteer hours are counted, follow these three easy steps:
- Sign up for a free account at GiveGab.com
- Join Marywood University's page
- Log time you spend volunteering for any organization, and those hours will be automatically counted toward the Centennial Service Challenge
For more information about the Centennial Service Challenge, contact Ann O'Brien, assistant director for service-learning and community service, at firstname.lastname@example.org.